Christmas Trip to Bakewell and the Chatsworth Garden Centre
Our Christmas coach trip this year starts with a short journey to the beautiful Peak District Town of Bakewell where we will have time to stroll round the famous market that has been held since Anglo-Saxon times and contains well over 100 indoor and outdoor stalls selling a wide variety of food and goods.
We then board the coach again and continue our travels to one of our favourite festive destinations in the Peak District which is the Blue Diamond Chatsworth Garden Centre based in the grounds of the Chatsworth Estate. This garden centre is renowned for both its unique Christmas decorations and very popular Vines Restaurant which comes highly recommended and serves a lunchtime carvery and specials of the day as well as home-made cakes, refreshments and snacks. A lovely way to enjoy a pre-Christmas treat with friends.
This trip will be on Monday 4th December and the coach leaves the parish at 9.00am and arrives back at approximately 3.30pm.
Tickets are £12 each – available from the office.
- The following five picking-up / dropping off points will apply with no others considered. 1) The Cross Keys 2) The Queen’s Head 3) Deans Drive 4) The Co-op store and 5) The Foresters.
- Your pick-up and departure point will be discussed on purchase of the ticket.
- Tickets are not transferable to another person. If you buy a ticket and then find that you cannot attend you must inform the office and we will try to re-sell the ticket to another member. Money can only be refunded if the ticket is re-sold however.
- We look forward to seeing you all as usual for a great day out.
Christmas Lunch Club
The Borrowbrook Christmas Lunch Club at the Royal Oak takes place on Thursday 14th December. An opportunity to meet up with your friends before the Christmas break and New Year and enjoy a festive meal in a private room with table service. Besides the usual warm welcome from Jean, Sally, Steve and the Royal Oak staff, some of our Trustees, usually Val and Janet will be there to run a quiz and then a raffle to help supplement our funds. Angela or Colin from our Office will also be there to sell tickets for the next Lunch Club and to give information and advice on trips, future events, activities etc.
- We have welcomed some new ‘Royal Oakers’ recently,which has been nice so If you haven’t tried our Lunch Club yet, why not make this your first visit? You will be surprised at how easily you will fit in and there is a good chance that you will already know someone that attends. We’ll look forward to seeing you there.
- Lunch tickets are now available at £8.50 each and there is the option of door to door transport on the community bus for an additional cost of £5. Tickets for the lunch and for the transport – where required, must be purchased before noon on Monday 11th December.